Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Birth Story
I just realised I never wrote Holly's birth story. I will start from the beginning. On the 21st of November i was a cleaning machine! I cleaned the house top to bottom and it was gleaming! I played with Emery and made dinner for the fam. For the life of me i cannot remember what we ate, I am sure it was spaghetti or something simple. All i really remember is just feeling really really good. That night I just felt normal, but good. Went to be everything was great and then when i got up for my nightly pee i was like hmmm those feel like contractions but prob not real ones. I had had braxton hicks contractions since 16weeks si i was pretty used to it. As i was walking back to bed it hit me, oh ya these are for real, i remember this all to well. Then i took a look at the clock 3:30am! hahaha I started laughing and woke Dallin up. "Dallin you are not going to believe this, I am in labor and guess what time it is?" "What?" "It's 3:30!" We both started laughing. For those of u who don't know, i went in to labor with Emery at 3:30 in the morning. We laid in bed for a bit just to see if they would taper off because i was a day away from my due date and Emery was four days late so i didn't really think i was going to get to see this sweet baby already. So the contractions continued and we packed our bags, did the dishes, watched some t.v., and then it hit me, I have to leave my baby to go have my other baby...I did not want to leave Emery, i wanted to Wake her up and taker her with me. However we decided to let her sleep and my amazing and wonderful friend Jessica took care of our sweet girl. So off we went to the hospital around 6:30ish, i wanted to stay home as long as possible because i had committed to myself to do this onatural. We left though cuz i wanted that jetted tub! On the way to the hospital i called Dallins mom who was in Boise so she could come watch Emy for us cuz thats what the plan was....well she didnt have a care because her sisters hubby had passed away and she went to the funeral and then road to Boise to be with my brother and sister in law. CRAP! Panic attack instantly! I got off the phone and was freaking out, I was counting on this, someone emery knew really well that could give her undivided attention...well that turned out to be Jessica to who we will forever be indebted! I called Jessica and she told me not to worry and totally calmed me down, i knew emy was in good hands. Emery loves Jessica and her sweet little Aiden so we were good to go! So we get to the hospital and i was at 5cm. All i wanted was the tub and right away i got it! I stayed in that thing for like an hour or two and then wanted to get out and try some other stuff. Labor was amazing this time around, i loved being able to get up and not being confined to my room or worse the bed. I drank water the whole time, laughed and talked after contractions. After leaving the tub we walked around the birth center. Dallin rubbed my back and i leaned on the wall. The back labor was a new thing this time, but manageable! I went back to my room and sat on the ball, i had a lot of pressure but the bag of water would not break! My midwives were getting ready to switch and Rachael was like i don't want to leave cuz as soon as i do you will have this baby...well she was right. I got on the bed so they could check me and i was 7cm....that's it! yikes! My midwife that came on, Helene said once they broke my water it will go really fast. I was scared cuz i knew the pain was going to shoot through the roof. So I got brave cuz i wanted to see this sweet baby already. Holly crap i didn't move once they broke my water, i went from 7cm to baby on my chest in 20min! As soon as they broke my water i felt like i had to push. They told me to wait so i did a lot of panting which helped alot to get me to not hyperventilate. I didn't through up or anything this time which was great! I pushed once and she was right there! I pushed again and her head got stuck half in and half out! Yep sounds like it hurts huh? Well it did, my midwife said she had never seen it happen before. hahaha which is funny because the same thing happened with emery. You know that Johnny Cash song "burning ring of fire" That's what it felt like. It was good though cuz with one more push she came out with a HUGE gush of water. I apparently ended up dousing the sweet intern from the waste down which was super funny to everyone but me cuz i had know idea what had just happened besides my sweet baby that was on my chest. Lil Ms. Holly Ray Patterson was here. 9:46AM 7lbs. 5oz. 19inches long and a fabulous head of dark brown hair! Dallin and I both cried and i could not wait to have my celebratory bagel and cranberry juice and sprite. We had an instant connection and it was true love! I will never do medicated childbirth again if i can help it. What a blessing it was to be able to go through that process and enjoy every second of our little one entering the world. I loved being able to hop out of bed and take a shower. I loved the way that i felt afterwards, just relaxed and happy. World of difference compared to Emerys birth. So there it is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That took forever to figure out! This is just a look back on mine and Dallins year and all the fun stuff that has happend!!!






2 comments:
I love birth stories! This was so cute. Thanks for sharing (although...I don't know that I'm as brave as you to do it unmedicated!)
I'm glad you put the birth story on here, even it was 6 months late. lol. I might be having to take those natural birthing classes means Jack's birth was so fast. The next baby will probably just drop out of me.
Post a Comment