Monday, June 17, 2013

Fathers Day Surprise Camp out!

This year for Fathers Day i wanted to all of us to get away from the hustle and bustle and be unplugged for a bit. Dallin has been super busy at work so it was a welcome break for him. I packed up the car Friday with as much of our camping stuff as I could shove in there and then when Dallin got home we said "SURPRISE!" and threw him in the car too. We headed out to Lost Lake in Hood River, Oregon. It is now our new favorite! There were a lot of people, but it never felt that way. The Lake is motor free so its just a bunch of paddle boats which keep everything nice and quite. We very much enjoyed the lack of cell service and everything else for that matter. It's been a couple years since I've been camping so I had a really hard time remembering all the necessities. One of which was clothing:-/ Everyone else had clothes but me....but that's what camping is all about, being stinky and dirty! The girl loved exploring, especially little Holly. We decided we need to go camping a lot more often, it;s defiantly something that we all enjoy and for Fathers Day I got Dallin this awesome 10 man tent so now there is plenty of room for us to sleep comfortably:-) The views of mount Hood were amazing, we were so close! Our first morning we spent wading in the water fishing and catching newts! I think I was the only one that caught them. Dallin and Emery rented a row boat and headed out fishing in the afternoon, they didn't catch anything but amazing views and wonderful memories. I love that our girls are campers, I also loved that I married a camper:-) Something our family is going to enjoy for many years to come!

our new awesome tent

Dallins sweet hammock! The campsites were nice because your  neighbors were far away!

Playin in the dirt:-)

Seeing what all this new tent can do:-)

We were surrounded by HUGE trees!

by the time we got dinner the first night these kids were inhaling it!

gorgeous!

The water is so clear

These awesome boardwalks go all around the trails. Its so cool!

Daddy and Emy

Holly riding shotgun

Putting his Eagle scout skills to work;-)



Sisters

This is what a brought:-/ out of practice camper, thought it would be much warmer....I needed my sweats!

Had to get really close to stay warm......

This guys a dirty thief!

This guy is too but hes cute.

Early morning

Daddy and Emery fishing trip

Our view, doesn't do it justice.

Our short drive home, it was a great trip!

New family tradition! It was so nice to be together and live "simply" for a few days:-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That place looks awesome! And I bet you're not at risk for bear attacks. Now I want to go camping there!

That took forever to figure out! This is just a look back on mine and Dallins year and all the fun stuff that has happend!!!