Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Motherhood=Forgetfulness
I just wanted to share a story which is only one of many that has been taking place ever since i got pregnant. So for the past year now, i have been the most forgetful person. I don't know how many times i have asked Dallin what his class schedule for the week is. I still cant remember what happens on Wednesday. I also have a lovely habit of setting things down and then apparently they find there way to a deep abyss where they will sit until one day i say,"oh that's where that went!" So this morning was the ultimate and the reason for this wonderful little story which, can i just say that i love my sweet husband who has to be getting so irritated with me but he would never say so. Anyways this is the story. Last night Dallin and i ran to the store and picked up all of our WIC items, Emery apparently felt like she hadn't eaten that entire day so she was screaming the entire way home, bless her little heart. So we get home and Dallin told me to head on up and he would grab all the groceries which, their were quite a bit, more than any one person should have to carry on their own. Okay so i ran upstairs unlock the door and leave the door open because i knew Dallin would have his hands full and wouldn't be able to open it. Wow this is turning in to a long story! Anyways so i am sitting there feeding the baby and Dallin comes up with grocery bags lining the lengths of both arms and milk jugs in each hand. He shuts the door, locks it, and puts everything away. So we have FHE, eat, Sleep, and then its morning. Emy and i were laying on the couch watching the Today show while Dallin was getting ready for school. I was playing with Emy when Dallin came over and gave me a kiss and said goodbye. He turned around to grab the car keys off the wall and goes,"Jessie, where are the car keys?" I respond with my usual,"I don't know." Which seriously, Dallin knows me well enough that at this point i don't remember what i did with the car keys the night before, let alone what i had just done an hour ago. lol. It's not that bad. Anywho so i gave him some options of where they might be which turned up nothing and then last i said jokingly," maybe there in the door!" Dallin opened the door and there they were. I realised that if you leave the keys in the door it defeats the purpose of locking it, and also its really awesome because our parking spot for our car is marked with our apartment number which would have taken all the guess work out of trying to find our car if someone wanted to steal it. Really long story long, Dallin left for school and i just laughed. This isn't the first time I've done this. So next time we will just check the door first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That took forever to figure out! This is just a look back on mine and Dallins year and all the fun stuff that has happend!!!






3 comments:
Haha I've totally done the same thing. Luckily though, I noticed before we went to bed. And I completely know what you mean with the forgetfulness, ever since I've been pregnant I can never remember things. And I used to have a really good memory. Oh well, guess that's what happens.
I'm so glad that you understand that I have the same condition... it will help when we get to see each other! I promise I will remember to make Thanksgiving dinner though!
This is hillarious! But the funny thing is, for anyone who knew Jessie as long as I have, knows that she has always been like this. She just like to blame being pregnant and a mommy LOL
Post a Comment