Friday, January 13, 2012

"Oh The Places You'll Go"

It's all in the title. Dallin and i would talk about what it would be like when he got out of school, the things we were going to do and i think one of the funniest things is that when we first were talking about kids, we said that we would have our first about the time Dallin was graduating...instead we had our second. What a whirlwind adventure we've had! Living in Rexburg was wonderful, there i said it! I never thought those words would ever be uttered but i wouldn't trade our time in Rexburg for anything, it was amazing. Since my last post many exciting things have transpired! My picture montage is lacking some because i didn't take any Christmas pictures...YIKES!!!! So all you grandparents that took pictures of my amazingly adorable children, i would love them emailed or put on c.d. thanks! Although i don't cover Christmas, their are plenty of other pictures to view. I have the pictures in clusters but as usual out of order in date. Oh well!!!! First in the exciting events, WE HAD A BABY! hahaha like you didnt already know. Well just to recap her name is Holly Ray Patterson, named after my grandpa ray who passed away. She is as sweet as can be and so cute! I was in labor for 6 hours, o-natural this time and worth every sweet agonizing second. She came out with a burst of enthusiasm (literally, the intern had to go change her scrub bottoms. hahaha), and a beautiful head of dark brown hair. she weighed in at 7lbs. 5oz. and 19 inches long. We love her so much! Emery is as sweet as ever and getting rottener by the day, but shes two and that's that. Next in the excitement was Dallins graduation i am so proud of him and all of his hard work. He's basically amazing to have gotten the grades that he did with a baby on the way, prego beast of a wife, and a screaming two year old. I know I wouldn't have fared as well. In the process of Dallins finals and graduation we also were in full moving mode busy packing our life up in to a bunch of 20x20 boxes. Dallins mom was a trooper and dealt with all my hormonal garbage which was very VERY nice. After graduation some more family came and helped us celebrate our little Holly bear on her blessing day. Then that Sunday night after church we pulled out of Rexburg for the last time. It was very bitter sweet because we love all our friends very much and they have been our surrogate family for the past few years, it was hard to say good bye. We are happy to report though that we are settled back in the good old Evergreen state and are looking forward to hearing soon about employment! We did hit one snag on our trip home, we made it to Hood River, OR and we stopped to have lunch and locked our keys in the car. After a minute of frustration, we just laughed and called a locksmith. Its a good memory, and McDonald's was warm and cozy, plus everyone kept walking by telling me how cute my baby was. Okay, now to pictures.
Here is our sweet Emery hanging out at Grandma Pattersons.

This is how real men play pool!
Emy lounging on holly baby wash sling.
The story!!! Ms. Emery decided one day that the "doggie" needed a box of peanut butter cheerios...an ENTIRE box! She was so proud of herself we couldn't get mad so we all just laughed and then watched her eat them out of the dog dish.


Holly kickin it with Daddy
Holly in her Christmas dress. She is also one month old in this.
"talk to the fist!"
These are the beginning of her baby blessing photos.


This is the beginning of hospital photos. This was my 40 week picture which thank goodness i took the Sunday before, otherwise we wouldn't of had one.

K is that not the cutest sad face ever?!

Emery and Holly meeting for the first time.

I love having girls!!!!

The beginning of Dallins graduation pictures.




That's that! I have a video of Dallin receiving his diploma, so it did actually happen. My camera sucks and i didn't get any of the action shots. He did graduate though, and we are so proud. Love to you all!

7 comments:

The Yuan Fam said...

Love it!! So sad we didn't get to say a legit goodbye but it sounds like things are going great for you guys up there. Holly is adorable and I see the resemblance now. It must have been the newborn-ness of her that made me wonder whose kid she was :-)!! Have fun on your new adventure and good luck on the job front!

Jentri said...

I LOVE IT!!! And I Miss you terribly. I still look over at your old house when I go out and think "you're REALLY gone?". I LOVE the picture of Emery meeting Holly they are both so cute. Keep postin' so I can feel like you're not so very far away. PLEASE?

Unknown said...

SOOOOOOOOOO sad you're gone. But, I'll prolly see you more that you're in Vancouver than in Rexburg! hahaa. sad but true.
I laughed right out loud by myself in our nook of a closet when I saw "This is how real men play pool" picture. HAHAHAHAAAAAA! I could stare at that picture all day and still think it was funny.
Congratulation to Mr. D.B. (you know what it means). So proud! Now on to bigger and better things. Times like these (being homeless) bring you closer together and make you appreciate what you have, or don't have, even more. For serious. Everything always works out! You're the one who always said that to me!!
I'll call you soon, You're still speed dial #3.
And p.s. I want you baby.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I meant
I want YOUR baby. I do, she's cute.

How embarassing.

CarolAnn said...

Yay! I blog update! I JUST noticed! Good for you, so many cute pics. Glad you guys are doing good!

sydni yoshioka said...

love the pictures, especially dallan playing pool with holly, glad you're getting good use of the mobi wrap. im so happy you moved back home so i get some jessie time now! even if our kids are interupting the whole time. i'm still hoping you'll move to hillsboro.

Anonymous said...

any nicer pics of emy's little hairlesspussy? I love em that age

That took forever to figure out! This is just a look back on mine and Dallins year and all the fun stuff that has happend!!!